Panasonic Lumix ZS100

Started Nov 10, 2016 | Questions thread
geek101 Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: Panasonic Lumix ZS100

nnowak wrote:

PC Wheeler wrote:

As said above. BTW -- the ZS100 has not been out for a year. It was announced in Jan and I purchased mine in late April -- and I believe that is close to the date when it started shipping (though it could be ordered in Jan).

I suspect Panasonic may announce a replacement early next year; but my ZS100 is excellent, so no plans to replace it.

Exactly. The only thing I could see needing to be upgraded would be the quality of the EVF, but I doubt that would happen. It is just as likely that the EVF could get removed on the next iteration.

If Panasonic are planning an upgrade, I would like to see the grip made less slippery, and the ability to power the camera via the USB socket. Oh, and the ability to record long videos - perhaps as a chargeable upgrade for those of us subject to the EU tax on imported video cameras. Perhaps also a filter ring, a hot shoe, and a headphone and mic socket? But keep the EVF - it's a useful alternative when things are too bright to see the screen.

(Other minor enhancements would answer some of the criticisms on this forum, such as the ability to have a restricted focus selection are on the screen when the EVF is in use, to stop focus selection by nose. But this could possibly be provided via a firmware update to the existing camera?)

geek101's gear list:geek101's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic FZ2500
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow