Shop cameras & lenses ▾
LensWizard
LensWizard Contributing Member • Posts: 797
Re: Nikon 70-200 2.8 vs 200mm f2

Gearsau wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Gearsau wrote:

azoele wrote:

• So much sharper already wide open, there's no contest on high resolution bodies.
  • more than 1 stop of light (the 200/2 is a t2 lens), invaluable when you need it.
  • The lens has incredible image characteristics, and very, very low aberrations.

The bokeh is the last thing to me, as at shorter distances it can be even "too much". Although, getting some nice out of focus at a distance is a bonus, and offers a different look.

Try one, and then see. The 70-200, on high resolution bodies, works as a very useful/convenient lens. Not as a high quality one, at least in absolute terms.

Bests,
Lory

olens wrote:

If someone has a 70-200 2.8 why would one want the 200mm f2 ?
(besides Great bokeh)

Thanks for any help

OS

-- hide signature --

'The human race is a race of cowards. And I'm not only marching in that procession, but carrying a banner.'
Mark Twain

The Nikon importer loaned me a 200mm f2, way back in 1987. Almost purchased one, but then, sanity prevailed. I was shooting motor sport at the time. 200mm was way too short. Thats when I started my " love affair with long lenses "

Regards Peter

Those are way outdated now and time for you to get the newest models..:)

No problems; Please send about Aust $ 40,000 in small, unmarket bills :-). The last time that I shot motorsport was a few years ago. I could not get my timing right with the 800mm f5.6, but, the 500mm f4 AF-I still worked well , Even with a TC14E.

Regards Peter

Those are very nice and i was just pulling your chain..! Great lenses and lovely shots..

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

LensWizard's gear list:LensWizard's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) Nikon D5 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow