Anyone have opinions/photos re: the "superb" Rear Converter A 1.4X-L ?

Started Oct 29, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pixelsmithy Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Anyone have opinions/photos re: the "superb" Rear Converter A 1.4X-L ?

I'm considering getting the combo of a DA* 200mm f2.8 and the Pentax Rear Converter A 1.4X-L. Everything I've found so far says that converter is one of the finest pieces of glass that Pentax made and people report no discernable image degradation, which is astonishing to me for a TC.

It would turn the DA* 200mm into a 280mm f/4, while getting a 300mm f/4 would be $1000. As a bonus, the TC works with other premium long Pentax glass (should any of that ever come my way). I also found one user that reported it worked great with the Tamron 60B 300mm f2.8 (which are fairly easy to come by). It would make THAT a 420mm f/4 !!

Before I pull the trigger, i thought I would see if anyone in the community had any photos or reviews of their own that wish to share. KEH had one priced at $385 the other day, but I see it is gone now.

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinion or photos.

-- hide signature --

Check out my (UPDATED 09-26-2015) Gallery! http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/355548730/photos/slideshow

pixelsmithy's gear list:pixelsmithy's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow