Lightroom to Capture One - hints/tips/questions

Started Oct 28, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
maflynn Senior Member • Posts: 2,134
Lightroom to Capture One - hints/tips/questions

After a fair amount of hemming and hawing, I'm going to switch over from LR to C1.

I'm a little hesitant on this, as I transitioned from Aperture to Lr last year but as I paid month in and month out for the subscription, it was really bothering me.  More so when Adobe rolled out an update that did more harm then good. On top of that, I find that I'm not using photoshop much at all.  So in an effort to move away from the subscription model, I opted for Capture one.

It seemingly has a lot going for it, and while I was thinking of waiting for On1's Photo Raw, C1's ability to import LR's catalog keeping much of my work intact was the final deciding factor.

So now that I'm done with the backstory, I'm looking for any tips and hints.

For instance, I import my catalog, the images are for reference only.  Is there any advantage to moving them into the catalog?  Any disadvantages?

If I change the location of the images, how hard will it be to fix C1 to see the new location. For instance My photos are on drive called Data in a folder \Pictures  What happens if I get a new drive and move them to that new drive?  In Lightroom it was fairly easy to fix.

I noticed if I import my entire catalog, opening it up in C1 is a tad slow, I may opt to do what I did in Aperture, have a library per year (in C1's case catalog).

Any hints/tips in shooting and loading images on a laptop and then migrating my work back to my iMac?

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow