printer for personal usage suggestions?

Started Oct 27, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AK41
AK41 Senior Member • Posts: 2,538
printer for personal usage suggestions?

Yep, some may say – the wrong forum but, in my opinion, the art photography quality wise is the right one.

Here is the issue.  The final decision of not returning to chemical enlarged printing (the contact 120 palladium/platinum is another story) has been made.  Am donating my lab to the charity right now.

Immediate need: ability to print mono and color, let's say 50/50 ratio.  Mono print quality is the top priority, printer reliability, stability of the results extremely important.  Practically no need for larger than 11"x14" (24x36 cm) print dimensions.  Can live even with 8"x10" max size as the first step, because eventually want to have two printers in two locations.

Again, my main objective –– high quality, rather low volume mono printing.  Semi–commercial, also not very high volume, color printing is the secondary.

Have Canon PRO-100 which died on me after a very light usage and – of course! – just when the warranty expired.  Am not sure is it worth to invest in the fixing of that colossus.

Recommendations based on personal experience will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alex

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow