How do you set Custom Banks on D500?

Started May 26, 2016 | Questions thread
n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,092
Re: How do you set Custom Banks on D500?

luxun54 wrote:

Paddler213 wrote:

Pardon me for being obtuse, but I'm having problems setting my Custom Settings. The answers here say to go to the wrench icon. That doesn't work. My camera pulls up the CMS menu with the pencil icon. Is that wrong? Please review the steps for me, very slowly.;)

No, you want to set banks A-B-C-D on BOTH the photo shooting menu (camera icon) and the custom settings menu (pencil icon). Here is a video that will walk you through HOW to do it , there are many other videos, websites and camera books and guides available with different advice about best settings for different purposes.

That video is really a bit fluffy ...

For a more in depth view, you want to see one by Matt Granger or even Jared Polin .

If you want a manual, buy the one from Thom Hogan. It is not free, but takes you through enough explanations and you can take it with you as a PDF (In fact, you can only get it in PDF format).

Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow