Discussions with a Canon Pro full frame shooter.

Started Oct 23, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amblepath Contributing Member • Posts: 543
Discussions with a Canon Pro full frame shooter.

I've done some work with a canon full frame shooter who has been a pro for many years.  He has mostly shot professional sports but other fields as well.

What I enjoy about talking to him is that there is none of the brand or format fanaticism that is so common here.  He shoots full frame and I'm sure that is what he will stick with as it works for him.  Still he seems very impressed with many of the features of m4/3.  When I described the features of new em1- 2 his expression was along the lines of that's pretty amazing.  Also I  told him about the new 12-100 and I said the only problem is the price. Around $1500 I said.  His reply was that he thought that was a pretty good deal really.  You can see with him that it's whether the equipment can do the job for you or not.

For most of us here m4/3 image quality is more than adequate for us.  Some people though  keep feeling the need to tell us that we shouldn't be satisfied with it.     If  someone wants to leave m4/3 for the characteristics of full frame shooting I say "Great" I really hope it works out well for you.  For most of us here  though I think we are excited more by new camera abilities in regards to performance.  As in better autofocus, improved stabilization etc.  I guess what I am trying to say is that photography seems more exciting and interesting when you embrace the differences rather than trying to discredit some them.  I am sure my canon pro  acquaintance would look at m4/3 and think,  that system would be good for......       Just as I look at full frame or medium format and think they would be good for.....

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Mike

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow