Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 - problem - turning on to take photos

Started Oct 19, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dedicated Amateur New Member • Posts: 4
Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 - problem - turning on to take photos

Would greatly appreciate any help with troubleshooting my Olympus which I cannot turn on to take photos.  The camera software may be messed up.  It reads SD cards and connects to a PC, but when I try to start the lens, it displays a battery icon.  The battery does charge.  One suspicion I have is that the camera believes the USB cable is attached even when that is not the case.

I bought this camera second hand, and it worked until I tried to charge it with an original Olympus USB cable.  When I turn the camera on, it displays the photos on the SD card.  When I press shutter or play, the battery icon appears instead of the lens engaging.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to do a hard reset like on a smartphone or computer.  The reset button in the settings (which I can access) does not get rid of the problem.  If there was a way to truly restore to factory settings and get rid of any faulty software setting, the problem may be solved.

Thank you so much for any input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 (mju Tough 8010)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow