Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Started Aug 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,128
Re: Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

rrccad wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

rrccad wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

rrccad wrote:

probably not .. why would they?

I'd say it's inevitable.

The why is to beef up their profits.

Right .. because the 6+ companies all together are so profitable when it comes to mirrorless.

Do you think those other companies are appropriate analogues for Canon and Nikon?

A smart person would consider:

Cost of materials.

Why those other companies have made the jump to mirrorless. Do you think they did it so their cameras would cost more to make?

Trends in similar, electronic heavy markets.

Consideration of legacy and inertia in the camera market.

Then the answer (which I gave) would be obvious.

you are certainly correct.

I could see canon doing this to the rebel line and then hitting cameras such as the 6D that are on the lower tier price and weight category.

all of them would benefit by the lower weight and cost of manufacture.

Canon could do this relatively quickly, as they really have everything. the DPAF sensor is finally up to full frame.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain Canon has their game plan worked out. Nikon, I'm not sure about. I haven't bothered reading any of the recent reviews, but last I heard their live view was still................not good. Maybe they've been working on getting their Nikon 1 tech buffed for larger sensors, but if so they've been playing it very close to their chest.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow