best camera with PL100-400?

Started Oct 6, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
durwyn New Member • Posts: 2
best camera with PL100-400?

I'd love some advice from folk as to best pairing with the PL100-400.  I've been using a GF1 (with clip on EVF) for years and it's done me very well.  I am tempted to buy the PL100-400 and upgrade the camera.  I'm mainly interested in wildlife, habitats/landscape and currently have the Panasonic 7-14mm, 14-45mm, 20mm and 45-175mm.  I would only use the camera for stills.  It's the light-weight, ease of carrying that appeals.

My budget is reasonably limited and I'm considering the g7.  Alternatives would be the GX8, EM1 (both available second hand for similar price as the G7 new) or perhaps even the G80 (possibly too expensive).  My next step will be visiting a camera shop to try different models, and I realise how they feel will be important, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to which camera works best with the lens and when might be the best time to buy, given new models on the horizon.

with thanks

Durwyn

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow