Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Started Aug 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,011
Re: too slow to change

T3 wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

T

I think Nikon should "join the party", and make an APS-C mirrorless camera. That sensor size is where the huge sales volume is.

Nobody knows for sure when Nikon would make an interchangeable lens mirrorless system.I would be VERY surprised if it came before at least 2018. What I am sure of however is that , if they do, and when they do it will be with APS sensor size OR SMALLER.a 35mm mirrorless system by Nikon would be counterproductive and they kniw it

Nikon already tried a mirrorless system "SMALLER" than APS-C. I doubt they are going to make that mistake twice.

Well with Nikon everything is possible. They could come out with something close to m4/3

It will likely be APS-C,

this I agree with. Most likely scenario. Just NO 35mm sensor system in the near future ( 3 years at least)

future path to FF, just like Sony have done with their mirrorless system. As far as FF mirrorless being counterproductive, I don't think that's the case at all. Nikon can't bet on FF DSLRs forever. The future of cameras won't be DSLRs.

Again with the position of Nikon today in dslrs they are NOT going to bring a competing 35mm mirrorless system any time soon. I am not saying never just not in the next 3 to 4 years

H

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @haroldglitphotography. one NEW picture EVERY day !
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit
IG :haroldglitphotography

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow