Alternatives to Zoner Photo Studio?

Started Oct 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
JustGeorge Regular Member • Posts: 263
Re: Alternatives to Zoner Photo Studio?

I was also bummed out by the announcement of licensing for the next update to Zoner Photo Studio.  My main complaint being that at the end of the year, if you don't renew, the software stops working after a short grace period.

I travel with a portable wi-fi hotspot.  The last time I was in Canada, the roaming charges were exhorbitant and I basically forego any internet access (paranoid, no public wi-fi for me <g>).  So planning to be back in the U.S. for the monthly license check wasn't very appealing either.

I use Zoner as a front-end for Topaz plugins, so no support for layers was an annoyance.  I tried using Topaz photoFXlab, but it's a bit too kludgy, no support for user preferences with saving.

I just recently (2 weeks ago) bought Paint Shop Pro x8 at Amazon (U.S.) for $36.  It came with a couple of other image tweaking apps plus a raw converter (AfterShot Pro 2).  ASP2 already uninstalled.  But I was able to easily integrate PSP into my workflow

My workflow now:  Zoner (DAM) -> ViewNX2 or OlympusViewer 3 (raw conversion to TIFF) -> Zoner -> PSP -> Topaz plugins -> Zoner (create master files).

YMMV.  FWIW.  YYY (yada yada yada <g>).

-- hide signature --

JustGeorge

</grousing>

JustGeorge's gear list:JustGeorge's gear list
Nikon D7200 Olympus PEN-F Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow