Angry Photographer proves the 105/1.4E isn't "flat"

Started Oct 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
Just Tim New Member • Posts: 11
Re: "Better" is non-specific. Please clarify.

photowurks wrote:

More accurate color, more pleasing color, or something else altogether?

Exactly! Sorry I thought that I was clear on this. You cannot tell which is better in a side by side comparison you can only note the differences. As to which one is correct you also cannot tell unless you compare it to reference data.

But if you take an image that has an uneven colour temperature across it, that's say more yellow at one side and more blue on the other. Then say a carefully placed blue cross, and yellow text, (add blue and yellow colours to it), you can create an the illusion of a greater colour difference than exists in reality. This is simple colour theory and well documented, the way we perceive colour.

Again the two images, in the lower on I have made absolutely no changes to the colours in the image. I've simply removed the extra colour that TAP added and reversed the order.

It's not a question of which is either best or more accurate, only ask yourself how your perceptions of the difference changes:

Exactly the same image but reversed in order with the added colours removed

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow