Do you or would you use an X100/X100S/X100T as your only camera?

Started Aug 22, 2016 | Questions thread
loupardo New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Do you or would you use an X100/X100S/X100T as your only camera?

bs1946 wrote:

A little background about my question: Several times over the past few years, I have tried using two different camera systems at the same time. After a while I would get annoyed at using two different systems; especially when traveling. You are dealing with two sets of batteries and chargers, maybe two sets of cables, two different menu systems, and in most cases, two different sets of lenses.

For a while, I had an X100T with both conversion lenses to use along with my X-E2 kit which currently includes three lenses, XF 14mm f2.8, XF 23mm f1.4 and Rokinon 21mm f1.4. I decided that like before, I didn't want to deal with the two cameras that are in many ways the same and yet in many ways are two different systems. So after a lot of analysis, I decided to sell my X100T system and keep the X-E2 ILC system.

But,I've begun to miss the X100T and have second thoughts about my decision. If I go back to an X100T, I will sell my X-E2 kit or I will shelve it and only use the X100T until I'm sure I don't want to go back again..

One concern I have is the single fixed lens, unless I buy one or both converters again. But, I've been there before in the 1980s and 90s when, except for an SLR required for some courses I was taking, the only cameras I used for about ten years were a Canonet QL17 GIII and a Konica Hexar. Both fixed lens cameras and there were no converter options. Two things on the plus side are that during the four months I had the X100T, most of my better photos, keepers if you will, came from the X100T, not the X-E2. Also, on our last vacation, I took my X-E2 with five lenses and only used one of them at least 90% of the time, if not more. In fact, when I'm home, unless I'm going to some specific event or photo meet-up, I will leave the house with my X-E2, one lens, and a couple of spare batteries in my pocket.

So I'm curious to see how many of you get through life with just one of the X100 cameras or have considered it as a possibility.

I have been using it as my only camera for almost three years and I don't regret one minute. Sure, it would be nice to have a faster or longer lens sometimes, but never having to worry about a dirty sensor is worth it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow