Win 10 update cannot install. Suspect full partition

Started Sep 28, 2016 | Discussions thread
exRhodesian Contributing Member • Posts: 709
SOLVED: use Extend ,not Resize.

Bunjo wrote:

I had the same problem upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. The Win 7 System Reserved partition was only 100 mb and it needed to be 350 mb.

*After first making sure I had a full 'disk' backup* I used Partition Wizard (free version, search on Google) to resize the System Reserved partition and 'shuffle everything else up' without data loss. Although I double checked that I understood what I was about to do, it wasn't too difficult and the Windows 10 upgrade ran to completion afterwards with no problem.

Hi,

After weeks of unsuccessful attempts to install win10 I finally just goti the update through by using Expand in MiniTool Partition Wizard (free).

The cause has been because of insufficient space in the System Reserve partition of the C: drive to store & run the win10 update(s).

I went into Pocket Wizard and used the Extend function on the System Reserve partition sliding the scale to increase the size by an extra 30GB . The update went through.

Forums have said that it won't work using Resize but only via Extend.

Thanks,

Adrian

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow