LR's increasing competition

Started Sep 29, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimhughes
jimhughes Senior Member • Posts: 1,089
LR's increasing competition

I want to get off of LR. I'm tired of the pressure to subscribe, of seeing important features held back from LR because of the need to sell PS, and of that huge catalog file that doesn't allow incremental backup. .

And we're finally seeing real alternatives. I've tried to evaluate a few but it's tough. Obviously each one is a learning curve, especially at the start - how do I bring in some photos, how are edits stored, does this app use catalogs, or sidecars? You have to get past all that just to try a few edits.

Until now each competitor had a couple of critical shortcomings. And I neglected to make notes during the trial periods, and then the trials expired too soon, and now I don't remember, for example, exactly why I thought Capture One wasn't quite ready (I think it was the limitations on the 'spot removal' tool).  But now I'm waiting to see On1 Photo Raw.

The trials expire too soon, and can't be renewed. The rules need to be loosened up.  I'm in analysis paralysis.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GDB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow