Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II or III or not advised at all?

Started Sep 21, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II or III or not advised at all?

The DPREVIEW states that the Canon 16-35 f2.8L III makes sun stars.  I didn't know how people got sun stars in photography until reading that review.  The review states that the M3 makes more sun stars than the M2.  But, I can't find anything elsewhere about the model 2 making sun stars.  Does it?  I'm thinking of upgrading my Canon 10-22mm just because I think another lens might take prettier and sharper photos.  I've been generally happy with the 10-22, though I think we can do better.  But first, a few questions.  Do the M2 and M3 make sun stars all the time, or is this the photographer's choice?  Do sun stars come in handy often?  Are either or both models a good lens for landscape and for capturing indoor small room activities?  Do you own, or did you own one of these lenses and do you recommend it?  I can get a M2, used, for about $900 while a new M2 sells for about $1,500.  A new M3 sells for about $2,200.  (That would make it, by far, a most expensive lens for me.)  This would go on a Rebel T3i, by the way.  I'm still learning about how to use AV and TV, so I don't see a point in upgrading the camera until I become more saavy.  Thank you, in advance, for your input.

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS M3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow