External Battery Operation on A7R2

Started Sep 10, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carl Crumley
Carl Crumley Regular Member • Posts: 364
External Battery Operation on A7R2

I have a GoalZero Venture30 external battery pack that I've tried connecting to my A7R2 with no success. When I plug it in I get the little power cord icon beside my battery icon which indicates I'm connected to external power. If I leave it connected for a long time, even an hour, there's no change in the charge status of my internal battery so I assume it's not receiving a charge. The same is true whether I leave the camera "ON" or "OFF."

With the external battery pack plugged in if I use the camera, say to record 10 minutes of video, the internal battery level drops as though the external battery pack isn't supplying power. I have the "USB Power Supply" set to "ON" in the menu.

Should I change the "USB Connection" setting from the default "Mass Storage" to one of the other settings such as "AUTO?" Any other suggestions?

Carl (Rochester, New York)

Carl Crumley's gear list:Carl Crumley's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Rylo Camera Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow