5DM4 Football Photos

Started Sep 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JPR1853 Regular Member • Posts: 154
5DM4 Football Photos

Here are some photos from a jv football game tonight using the 5DM4, taken in jpeg L, Shutter Priority, Auto Iso, AI Servo, Back focus button, AF Case 4 on 400mm f/2.8L IS II. The image can be seen and downloaded at: http://jprimages.com/5dm4

ISO ranged from 160 to 10,000 processed in Lightroom.

In the past I have owned several cameras including: 5DM3 which I sold for the 5DS, which I sold for the 5DM4. I have used the 5DM3 for sports but typically I use 1D bodies for sports. Tonight I wanted to try out the 5DM4 to see how it stacks up to the auto focus of the 1DX Mark II that I currently use. Of course there is a big difference between the 14 vs 7 frames per second of the 5DM4. That said, I found the auto focus very good and did not feel hindered by it at all. I mostly used the center focus point with the four surrounding assist points, AI Servo, AF Case 4. I also used the iTR AF and it too performed well. In addition to sports I photograph a lot of performing arts where the quiet shutter mode is a must and that is why I purchased the 5DM4. I think it will prove to be a great all around camera. Did try out the wireless function and it worked well and allowed me to post a photo to social media through my iPhone.

Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow