Considering upgrading d70 Dx to D750 FX

Started Sep 6, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mlisowski New Member • Posts: 16
Considering upgrading d70 Dx to D750 FX

Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the forums to look for recommendations for lens choice. I currently have an old D70 that back in the day I payed extra for a 24-120 FX lens (12 or so years ago). Planning that someday I might go to an FX sensor which did not happen as planned. This gave me a general range of 36-180mm. Based on my shooting habits the 36 is not wide enough I would prefer something a bit wider but the 180mm equivalent zoom is pretty good.

I'm not sure what improvements have been made to the current 24-120 and if the older lens has a high enough lens quality (MTF) for the 24 meg sensor and low enough distortion etc... I also have been looking to see a current thread for the latest lenses on the market.

For my current range based on spec my favorite would be the Tamron 16-300mm.  But the two Nikkor lenses would also more than cover my needs but cost more and more weight.  I have read great reviews on the 24-120mm.  Quality wise how do the two Nikkor compare t the 24-120mm and the Tamron 16-300.

AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR

AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR

AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5 -6.3 Di II VC PZD

Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO

Flash:  I also would like to confirm that an old SB-800 flash would work.  Does anyone know off hand or do I need to swing by a camera shop and just give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

mlisowski's gear list:mlisowski's gear list
Nikon D750
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow