Opinions re inkjetcarts.us

Started Jan 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
inhaliburton OP Regular Member • Posts: 444
Re: Opinions re inkjetcarts.us

Wow. Talk about resurrecting an old thread that I started back in 2011. I never did buy any cartridges for the 5100. I ended purchasing a Canon ipf-6400. I burned through the starter carts. they ran out a couple of years ago, and the printer was not used again until a few months ago.

I started a new thread at the time because I figured the heads would be clogged, having not been used for about 2 years. I debated going the refill route or go OEM. I went the long buck route and did a head check. Yellow was really bad as was grey. Panic set in. I did some reading on this site, went into Service Mode, did two B head cleans (the more thorough one) and another head check. It was absolutely perfect. There is an indication that the right side printhead may be reaching end of life. Have been getting an error message from time-to-time. Time will tell...

I donèt do that much printing, but when these OEMs run out, I will go the refilled cartridge route for sure.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul.
In Picton, ON

inhaliburton's gear list:inhaliburton's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow