Ricoh GR aperture blades won't open at start up

Started Mar 2, 2016 | Discussions thread
rondom Veteran Member • Posts: 3,196
gr sticky shutters

sevresbabylone wrote:

rondom wrote:

sevresbabylone wrote:

The same thing happened to mine Saturday night. Sad to read that it's going to get worse (i.e. the one shot to open the blades won't last for long.)

For what it's worth my shutter count is 14229.

Well, maybe not all get worse...good luck.

My good luck ran out. I hadn't used it much since the blades not opening problem started, but thought I would give it a go, and set it on the manual so the initial blank shot wouldn't take so long. But it's died completely. Lens extended, then camera shut itself down. Restarting briefly gets me the black screen with the info (shutter speed, type of focus, etc) displaying, but it dies in a second or so.

this is exactly what i experienced. sorry to hear about it. if you send it to service center they will replace the lens unit for you. probably will cost you slightly less than a used GR (which may eventually develop the same or other problems) so it may be worth repairing as the camera will get a new life after it.

This is a very serious but less covered GR problem ( compared to all the dust threads).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow