Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Started Aug 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
Dlee13 Regular Member • Posts: 127
Re: Will Nikon or Canon offer full frame mirrorless cameras soon?

Philnw2 wrote:

Dlee13 wrote:

scarlet knight wrote:

A Full Frame Mirrorless from Canon makes sense to me, just don't expect it to be feature packed. It will be appealing, but not so appealing that it will affect DSLR sales. Also with the way Nikon takes care of its customers with its large offerings, I'd be surprised if they didn't take a shot themselves.

I agree with you - Canon can't help themselves; and their willingness to hold back features on a hypothetical mirrorless will be a competitive advantage for Sony. Sony's premium digital camera is the mirrorless line and there is no need to hold back to protect DSLRS - they have none lol. Thats what handicapped the M3 and nikons V1. Instead of letting the customers decide, they want to decide for those customers.

AFter being stagnant for so many years, the photography world appears to me to be changing rapidly. And i don't think some of these old-line camera companies are up to the changes ahead.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Sony A7RII, FE 70-200, FE 55 f1.8, FE 28 f2, SAM 85 f2.8, LAEA3

They would probably give it a great sensor and AF, then limit everything else feature wise. It would probably still sell a great too for a simple reason, their EF lenses. I know would definitely get one if they release it.

Dlee13's gear list:Dlee13's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow