Service call error 150C with new 3880

Started Jan 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
royrayb New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Service call error 150C with new 3880

I had an epiphany upon waking this morning about my recurring (and current) 150c error problem.  I wondered if running the head clean (nozzle check) utility would reset the machine and get rid of the error and believe it or not, it worked.  Pull up the epson printer utility box and get to the point where you can click nozzle check.  Then turn the 3880 on and before it can display the error, click nozzle check and Auto to print a sheet after the cleaning cycle has run.  It will run a lengthy cycle with a lot of stops and starts and then it will print the pattern page.  After that the printer resumed normal operation.  The 150c error always comes up after the printer is idle for what seems like a week or more.  If you print something (anything) at least once a week, it seems to stay away.  I've dealt with this problem for at least 5 years off and on and the printer seemed to correct itself almost at random with me turning it on and off over several days time.  This is the first thing I have done that actually fixed it.  Forget the Epson advise online.  It doesn't work.  Anyway, I hope that helps some of you with this frustrating problem.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow