Do you or would you use an X100/X100S/X100T as your only camera?

Started Aug 22, 2016 | Questions thread
bs1946
OP bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,951
Re: Do you or would you use an X100/X100S/X100T as your only camera?

leggeron wrote:

Well for me its like this.

I love both pentax and fuji but hate having two systems as i tend mirror them with the same lenses and focal lengths and that gets too bloody expensive. Later i would sell my pentax to flesh out a fuji system, after which id miss the pentax and sell the fuji..and so on.

I'm beginning to think this is some type of digital plague manifested by frequent attacks of GAS. After over fifty years of shooting with film I began my 3.5 year digital existence with Panasonic, then went to Fuji, then back to micro 4/3 but with Olympus, Did Olympus and Nikon 1 together to really drive myself nuts, dumped the Nikon 1 and added Panasonic back into the mix, and now back to Fuji.

So in the end i decided to stay with oentax for my system solution and get an x100s so i wont have to buy lenses for it.

In the worse case scenario, two conversion lenses and your done.

I love the x100s, for me its very special and a big part of it, i realised, was the hybrid view finder. i also feel liberated by using just its fixed lens - granted its not suitable for everything. if i plan something serious id take the pentax but if not I'd almost always grab the x100s instead of the dslr, but even if i take the pentax, id put the x100 in a corner of the bag, just in case.

-- hide signature --

** I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts...

I'm typing from my computer keyboard and I'm proud of every frequent typo I create 

And thanks to you and the others for the feedback.

______
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leggeron/
Just so you know how good/bad I am at this.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
billschaffel.500px.com
instagram.com/billschaffel
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M9 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow