Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

Started Jul 25, 2016 | Discussions thread
Wally626 Senior Member • Posts: 2,316
Re: Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

MeHoo wrote:

Please inform me of the knowledge that I don't have... It sounds odd to me that saving both the RAW and a an additional jpeg could possibly speed this up.

Sounds like it would just add more data transfer to the pipe which is already clogged.

RAW plus jpeg I would be sure is using a compressed RAW, should that will speed up things compared to the uncompressed versions. I would first try compressed RAW to see if that gets you the speed you need. Not sure adding JPEG would help, but easy enough to try. The next step is to drop down to continuous fire mode and 12-bit RAW. 42 MP in uncompressed RAW is a lot of data, may just be a tech limitation at this point in time. Not sure what the Canon 5DS can do with full bit depth, the Nikon 810 is laking a few MP of course.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
juj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow