20mm 1.8G OR Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 for D3S

Started Aug 17, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoneon New Member • Posts: 10
20mm 1.8G OR Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 for D3S

As a beginner in photography my first dslr is D7000(used) come with kit lense 18-105mm. Then, i bought a 50mm 1.8g(also used) and sell the kit lense. I satisfied with my first prime lens, but found out it is too limited, and get an used 80-400 f4.5-5.6d for wild life shooting and maybe portraits(comtemplating it could replace the legendary 70-200mm f2.8 at that time)? Anyhow, it produces great photo with some drawbacks, it focusing slow and noisy.. After a year or so, I decided to get rid all my lenses and camera but keeping the 50mm 1.8g and upgrade to full frame.

Now, with only 50mm 1.8g in hand as the midrange shooting lense. I am wondering to get either nikkor 20mm f1.8g (wide) or tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3(tele) first. I am interested in both landscape and wildlife. Means, I will get both at the end , but may be 1 or 2 years later after get one of them.

So, go wide or go long? Please give suggestion for those professional who face the same dilemma like me (except I am not professional).

Canon EOS 6D Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow