My PL100-400 does not like shutter shock

Started Aug 8, 2016 | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Veteran Member • Posts: 9,304
Re: My PL100-400 does not like shutter shock

Hi Christoff, as one who battled derision and disbelief in the early stages of the  "shutter shock saga" (even doing some work for Olympus UK on it) this detailed report of yours  made an interesting read.

I have been shooting my EM-1 + grip hand-held with the 100-400 over a wide range of shutter speeds (from about 1/200th through 1/320th on to 1/4000th) and have seen no signs of shock whatever (my original work showed that the shock band was more or  less a Gaussian curve  from 1/60th - 1/320 sec with a peak intensity at around 1/160th sec )

Reminds me of the good old days - some of us do and some don't see it and no one ever seemed to identify the reason why

My one problem with this marvellous lens is that its too back-heavy on the EM-1 + grip so I find it wavers all over the sky when shooting overhead, much like I did with the oly 75-300 (yet I've seen no one else comment on this? ) I'm much more stable with a front-heavy lens, probably an inertial damping effect

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow