Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

Started Jul 25, 2016 | Discussions thread
JonBH Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

MeHoo wrote:

Please inform me of the knowledge that I don't have... It sounds odd to me that saving both the RAW and a an additional jpeg could possibly speed this up.

Sounds like it would just add more data transfer to the pipe which is already clogged.

The raw+jpeg option is offered as an option to speed up the image review right after a shot. It will not help you at all with the SD card write speed issue. Not if you want uncompressed lossless raw files.

Your best bet to truly solve the problem is to use a D810. (At ease Sony defenders, I too love my a7RII image quality and available lenses so stand down. But I refuse to let Sony off the hook for crippling this camera with slow write speeds. Not for three-thousand-two-hundred U.S. dollars.  No. Not when a 5 yr. old design D800 can write nearly instantly while doing lossless compressed raw+full quality jpeg.  No.)

JonBH's gear list:JonBH's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS R Panasonic S1 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
juj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow