Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

Started Jul 25, 2016 | Discussions thread
VirtualRain
VirtualRain Regular Member • Posts: 261
Re: Sony A7RII Buffer speed shooting raw, Single shot, once per second.. can't keep up??

MeHoo wrote:

I apologize, everyone.. I have gotten no notifications of any new posts.

I appreciate all of your responses.. I am shooting uncompressed RAW on these cards currently, but I have tried I think 5 others that were all the same "rating" and also were tested on a blog I read about the best cards for use with the A7RII, in which he pointed out that the camera's buffer was the limitation, not the card. Similar results across the board.

I am primarily using these: Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SDXC UHS-II/U3 Card

I had read that going up in speed class was not useful because of the internal memory buffer issues.

This camera is creating some of the best scans I've ever seen, but the time lag is really hurting my production. Any help to speed it up is appreciated, and I will try anything. Sorry again for the lack of response. I have subscribed now and should be responding promptly now.

Thanks!

Try RAW+JPEG (11Mpix JPEG), Compressed RAW, Auto Review Off, High ISO NR Off. This is what I use and have no issues.

VirtualRain's gear list:VirtualRain's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
juj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow