Fuji zoom lenses

Started Aug 7, 2016 | Questions thread
PSCL1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,712
Re: Fuji zoom lenses

To the OP:

(1)  The 18-135 is fine for you now until you figure out your shooting style.

(2)  Assuming you keep the 18-135, the 10-24 zoom is the best second lens for you.

(3)  IF you think you need longer FL, the 50-230 is good enough.  If you do buy longer, however, I'll bet you do not wind up shooting much with whatever long lens you acquire.

(4)  If you want primes, start with 35 f2.  Wider would be 18 f2 or, if you can afford it, the 16 1.4.    I find that the 27 2.8 is a charming lens with FOV which I have idiosyncratically favored for decades (40 Summicron on a Leica CL, 20 Panasonic on m43) but it could be a cheap,, semiwide 1-lens alternative to the 35.

(5)  Many prefer the 56 1.2 at the short tele end for portraits although I prefer the 60 f2.4 macro.   1.2 is unnecessary for portraits, DOF is too shallow, and the slower focusing speed of the 60, designed for macro work, does not bother me.  Portrait photography is NOT "street" photography.

PSCL1's gear list:PSCL1's gear list
Leica X1 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow