X10: I can't change the focus point selection!

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
magneto shot Senior Member • Posts: 1,544
Re: X10: I can't change the focus point selection!

rattymouse wrote:

monkeyrpn wrote:

Hi all,

What am I doing wrong? Reading the X10 manual on page 48, it says I can change the focus point. It's currently stuck on the center point. I have the AF mode to "area", and focus mode as AF-S already. But pressing the AF button and the directional pad gives me nothing. Neither does pressing the AF button and rotating the main command dial change anything for me.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something wrong with my camera?

I was shooting RAW, in aperture mode when I was trying to do this.

You probably have face detection turned on. That disables the ability to select auto focus points.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

One of the stupiest design on Fujifilm ever. Keep bumping into this only to be saved by this post

-- hide signature --

M Changing lives thru images. {portraiture artist}
http://instagram.com/marcus_low
marcuslowphotos.wordpress.com

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Sigma SD15 Leica M9 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow