My PL100-400 does not like shutter shock

Started Aug 8, 2016 | Discussions thread
Robiro Veteran Member • Posts: 6,774
Re: My PL100-400 does not like shutter shock

Helen wrote:

I am really surprised about your GX8 findings. Could I just make entirely sure that we are talking about the same camera? Absolutely not meaning to cast doubt, it's just that my GX8 really doesn't seem to match the description of having a quiet shutter, and I am really surprised by the nice flat traces you have posted for the GX8. I'm referring to the big, superb-EVF camera without a built in flash and with an all-metal body. Mine has the loudest, sharpest-toned and most easy to feel mechanical shutter of all my cameras

Interesting. I can only compare GH2 to GX8 and I can tell you GH2 has a much louder and pronounced shutter sound than GX8.

I think it is thanks to GX8's metal casing. GX8 is heavier and has more mass to absorb the shock, unlike GH2 which is light and only made of plastic.

I recently went back to GH2 and took few pictures, only to be surprised that I completely forgot how noisy that camera was.

Robiro's gear list:Robiro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow