dpreview.com please add Tapatalk support for mobile friendliness!

Started Dec 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 1,499
Re: self created

Lee Jay wrote:

archiebald wrote:

You could get rid of that awful archaic threaded layout (yuk!!).

This site IS good, but the forum really is horrendous.

This cracks me up. I follow quite a large number of forums and this one is by far the best, primarily because of the threaded view and the My Threads features. Every other forum I follow makes it extremely difficult to impossible to follow conversations both within a topic and from day-to-day while this one makes it a piece of cake.

If it were up to me, I'd eliminate flat view. Users of it are often posting in totally the wrong place responding to the wrong posters and interrupting the flow of the conversation just because they can't be bothered to use their heads instead of taking the lazy "quick reply" approach they use on other forums where they just reply to the most recent post.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

I like flat view , in which a page of posts can be scrolled down ; threaded view is cumbersome , having to click on each post in turn in order to read it - I never use it .

Choice is good - you stick to what you like and I'll stick to what I like .

-- hide signature --

With kind regards

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow