UniWB for Nikon D500

Started Jul 31, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UtenteMac Forum Member • Posts: 70
UniWB for Nikon D500

Hello guys,

having recently bought a Nikon D500, coming from a D300 -> D7100, I'm now finalizing my usual workflow, which pretty much always rely on UniWB.

To tell the truth for the D300 and D7100 I just downloaded pre-made NEFs and linear curves, which worked flawlessly.

For the D500 I managed to get a ~1% error white balance which is more than enough, however I'm struggling with the linear curve.

Most of the guides refer to Picture Control Utility 2 with custom curve left untouched as a way to get linear profile. That doesn't work: not only the camera blinks way to soon (RawDigger tells it's far from saturation), but when doing the same starting from Neutral or Flat, shooting the same image I get very different histograms on camera. As you may tell, Neutral is a little more contrasty than Flat.

So in essence, linear curves produced by Picture Control Utility 2 are far from linear and they still retain the DNA from the base profile you work on.

Did anyone manage to produce a true linear PC for the D500?

Thank you in advance.

Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow