NX300 Black Screen Issue

Started Jul 22, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cg9916 New Member • Posts: 1
NX300 Black Screen Issue

A curiosity if anyone has dealt with this – I’ve been lurking a long time but finally found an issue that hadn’t been covered here (successfully). And perhaps my band-aid can be helpful.

The camera came on with a black screen in capture but the menu overlays showed and playback was functional, and so I went through everything to get it working – swapped lenses, batteries, reset, re-installed firmware. Shutter didn’t appear to be down. Nothing. Then I read elsewhere that someone dropped it while working on it and the image returned. So I gave it a moderate slap on the side – worked. The image came back. This has happened three times in maybe a few months now – and the camera has been almost wholly unused in that time. Each time, the slap worked. I know slapping high-end electronics isn’t an ideal fix, but it has worked and spits out perfect images.

My question is basically, is this a failing sensor? Or could it be a loose internal piece? It strikes me as more mechanical, but I’m very far from an expert and I’m not sure if this is how a sensor would begin to fail, or if there's more going on with the shutter than I'm noticing. I’m not adverse to opening it up to take a peek.

I know a sensor is a costly fix, if it can even be done anymore, but I was going to be in the market for an upgrade anyway, and was likely moving on from Samsung, but I was really hoping to wait awhile. I'm perfectly happy with it for now otherwise since I tend to prefer film.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow