Panasonic FZ1000 exposure problems

Started Jul 17, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
i.s.moore Forum Member • Posts: 79
Panasonic FZ1000 exposure problems

Bought this amazing camera about 7 weeks ago and this problem started the first time I used it: went to the Oostervaardersplaasen (a nature reserve) and almost all of the photos were OVEREXPOSED or too light. This problem persisted when I started photographing flowers in our backyard (my favorite activity). Not only were they overexposed but there was also a serious lack of color and details. This is my FIFTH Panasonic camera and I've NEVER had this problem BEFORE (Leica Minilux, Tz10, LX5, FZ150). The Panasonic call center didn't even know what I was talking about and there was no one there who could even answer my questions or advise me. Tried everything I could think off: different types of light metering, lowering or raising the ISO values, etc.). Finally I lowered the EXPOSURE COMPENSATION to 2/3s of a STOP and this alleviated the problem a bit. My second solution was, after reading many articles on the net, to start shooting in JPG and turn on the I-dynamic funtion. This also helped a bit but the problem persisted: The camera is NOT exposing PROPERLY. Even got another FZ1000 from my dealer and this also helped another BIT but the problem is still there. Normally I shoot everything in RAW (on all my cameras) and use Lightroom to correct and sort them.

i.s.moore's gear list:i.s.moore's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 (Lumix DMC-TZ10)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow