X30 Dynamic Range Correction?

Started Jul 12, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Dan Hudson Senior Member • Posts: 1,297
X30 Dynamic Range Correction?

I need some pointers and information on improving my X30's DR. It seems to blow highlights too much while darkening shadows too much also. The images I am posting were shot using the "Chrome" setting. Since those I have experimented a little with the other settings, but have not had a good subject yet. The "Vivid" is worse while the "Standard" setting seems to be at least equal to Chrome and maybe a little better, but could be due to the more vibrant colors. I experimented with the DR settings of 100%, 200% and 400%. I think the lowest setting does a better job on the shadow areas. Experimented with "exposure compensation" too. I am able to make satisfactory corrections to both the highlights and shadows in PP, but would like the camera to do a better job. In other images taken in bright sunlight, they look too harsh. Darks too dark and lights too light.

I am posting images below with captions to explain each. Thanks for all help....Dan

SOOC other than straightening...note highlights on the right.

This is my corrected image in PP.

SOOC

My corrected image, but as you can see the highlights are still blown.

Help would be greatly appreciated....Dan

PS...Really like this camera. Want to make it perform to it's best without shooting Raw if possible.

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer
Choose life's involvements carefully with an eye toward eternity.

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow