A negative post!

Started Jul 12, 2016 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,205
A negative post!

I don't like being the bearer of bad news but sometimes it helps to share negative experiences with others who may be thinking of taking the same route.

I recently bought a Pentax Q7 as a fun camera and for long reach with adapted lenses. I received the camera with three PIXCO adapters (M39, OM & EOS), first the EOS adapter didn't work, the hole for the pin to secure the lens is in the wrong location or is not the right size, the other two adapters work but getting anything in focus is a challenge and that's with 50mm lenses and FP.

I thought that maybe the camera was defective so I bought a 02 (5-15) standard zoom and it focuses better, still nothing compared to M43.

I like the format, the whole thing fits in my pocket so it's great as a carry around camera but for adapted lenses I find it next to useless because it's hit or miss even though the screen is very sharp you don't get what you see.

So for any of you considering this format and having visions of adapting a 200mm lens for the equivalent of 940mm, good luck but for a pocket camera with native lenses it does the job.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
Pentax Q7
12 megapixels • 3 screen • Compact sensor
Announced: Jun 12, 2013
photoholiko's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
weak
Action / sports
weak
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow