A portrait photographers dream

Started Jul 11, 2016 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Arpit Agrawal
Arpit Agrawal Junior Member • Posts: 25

While I don’t call myself an photographer. Neither do I have the pro skills, nor do I criticize pictures for basic concepts of colors, editing and don’t have any formal training experience. I just love photography and its more of art and rather than specs. A picture is all about experience. What my eyes see and the way image makes me feel is more important to me rather than the technicalities. Where most of the chart shooters talk about is specs, I talk about the perspective I can achieve using a specific lens.

As lot of amateurs I have bought a lot of lenses and sold them over a period of time. But there are few lenses in my arsenal which are meant to stay. I think 200mm f2 is a lens to die for , its is beyond a portrait lens, it’s does it all. It give us good working distance, less chromatic aberrations, sharper pictures and above all Beautiful pictures and color rendition. Apart from weight there is nothing wrong with this lens. Anyone planning to get this lens off course would be evaluating it against the most popular 70-200 f2.8 IS2 which I also have. 200f2 is now my most used portrait lens,Trust me I use this lens 99 percent of time at f2 because it is sharp enough and if I need to stop down I would use 70-200.I also have 85 1.2 which is a magical lens, but this lens is in a league of its own.

Below are the reason I love it and frankly so far no issues:-

· Great color rendition

· 5 stops IS

· Sharper corner to corner

· Absolute mind boggling bokeh

· I can take sharp pictures handheld at 1/10

· Build like a tank

· The Case is fantastic

And most importantly it takes awesome pictures.

I hope this helps to people who plan to buy, I personally suggest it is a big investment hence go to a store to try each of them.

Arpit Agrawal's gear list:Arpit Agrawal's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +11 more
Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM
Telephoto prime lens • Canon EF • 2297B002
Announced: Jan 24, 2008
Arpit Agrawal's score
Average community score
Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Pentax FA 70-200 F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow