Help judging performance of my FE55z, FE35f2.8z horizon/infinity

Started Jul 5, 2016 | Questions thread
OP slstr Senior Member • Posts: 1,029
Re: Full sized images

JimKasson wrote:

l_d_allan wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

These are full frame. Sorry for the earlier error. Comments?

Non-IQ comments (as I have negligible experience with using "tilted near-infinity horizons" (TNIH) for "good copy vs bad copy testing" (GCVBCT):

Lotsa questions. I'll just deal with one for now, and circle back in the morning.

• How far away would you estimate the tree line is at the horizon? Half mile? Full mile? Less? More? Ever actually stepped it off, if that would be feasible?

I estimate the tree line at between 500 and 800 meters. Using the formula in this post:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58031944

(I can't believe there have been no comments on that), (35/55)^2 = 0.4, so I should be OK with anything beyond about 200m, even with a much sharper lens that's just as sharp at the edges as at the center.

Haven't checked this chart in full resolution yet but thanks for explaining how to use it, was wondering about that when you posted it on your blog.

The hillside you're looking at is very steep, and thickly wooded. I couldn't possible climb it. The vertical rise to the ridge is about 700 feet from my yard at the low point.

Jim

-- hide signature --
 slstr's gear list:slstr's gear list
Sony a7S Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow