Pany 100-400mm does Canadian Rockies and Glacier NP

Started Jul 11, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
daddyo Forum Pro • Posts: 12,434
Pany 100-400mm does Canadian Rockies and Glacier NP

My wife and I just got back this past Monday from a two week trip to Banff, Jasper, and Glacier National Parks.

This trip confirmed to me that my decision to purchase the Pany/Leica 100-400mm was a good move.

I took the 100-400mm, the Pany 12-35mm, the Oly 9-18mm (which was my 'go-to' lens), and my Bower 7.5mm Fisheye. When all was said and done, I could easily have taken only the 100-400mm and the 9-18mm and been perfectly happy -- I didn't really use the other two lenses all that much.

I have much to learn about using the 100-400mm properly, but I was impressed with the very fast focusing and the great OIS of this lens. I was able to get the 'in-flight' shots of the immature bald eagle below while shooting through a half open window, in a moving boat from one seat away from the window -- that was amazing to me. While the shots are not the sharpest, I had to locate the bird in the finder, focus and shoot almost instantly -- he was a long way off.

Much like my beloved Oly 75-300mm, the Pany lens is very versatile, but gives the extra 100mm and improved image detail.

Anyway, here are a few shots taken with this excellent lens -- it's a keeper for sure!

-- hide signature --

God Bless,
Greg
www.imagismphotos.com
www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow