End of an era for Nikon

Started Jul 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mach Schnell Senior Member • Posts: 2,922
End of an era for Nikon

I knew this day was coming.  But I still don't like it.  And I'm still disgusted with Nikon over it.  With the latest Windows 8.1 update my PC will no longer run Nikon View NX2.  It opens, then immediately stops working.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Capture NX2 still works, but I'm sure it is headed down the same road.

Yes, many of you will say "get over it".  But I simply have not found a suitable replacement.  I refuse to be a indentured to Adobe for a monthly fee for the rest of my life.  What is going to stop them from raising the fee from $10 to $15, then $20, $25 or $50.  I'm just not willing to join that throng.

If anyone else has found a digital workflow solution they are happy with, that does not include Lightroom and/or Photoshop, please chime in here.

Mach Schnell's gear list:Mach Schnell's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon 85mm F1.8G +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
brn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow