Is it just me? EVF question

Started Jul 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
lancespring Veteran Member • Posts: 3,974
Re: Is it just me? EVF question

LanceCov wrote:

Hi all,

I currently own the original RX10. My problem is that I cannot see the entire frame (with or without glasses) through the EVF. I have to move my eye to see the left/right/top/bottom edges of the EVF display. Is it just me or is this a problem for all users?

I am considering getting the newer RX10ii or RX10iii which I understand have an improved EVF. Does the new EVF make it easier to see the entire frame?

Finally, does anyone have any recommendations for other cameras with better/larger EVF's? For example, I have read that the Panasonic GX8 has a very large, high resolution EVF.

I have real thick glasses due to nearsightedness, but I can see the entire frame except for tiny parts of each corner.   It is so minor, though, that it is of no consequence.

The RX10 got DPReview's Gold Award, while the GX8 only got a Silver Award.   You would thus be downgrading your camera if you switched to using the Panasonic.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow