Dear @Rishi... Locked

Started Jul 7, 2016 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Rosember Senior Member • Posts: 1,984
Re: Dear @Rishi...

Yet, the results of the bicycle test reflect exactly what I have been observing with my K-3. So I think the test could at least be right for the K-1 (and dpr's conclusion is not based on the presented sequence alone).

You may argue I am simply too inexperienced, using the wrong technique etc. But really, I own my K-3  for 2.5 years now. And I have tried everything to improve my results and have followed almost every advice and setting suggestion I could find. And my results are still about 50% in single AF-C, and about 10 to 20% in multi point AF-C.

I dearly had hoped for a substantial improvement with the K-1. But it does not look like this was the case. Not even in the sequences presented here by numerous shooters. Thanks a lot for your efforts but they do not replicate the bicycle test. (I know it is difficult to find someone willing to ride up and down the road for substantial time - I had to 'abuse' my dog for anything comparable.)

So, if anybody finds an opportunity to shoot some bike sequences this would be highly appreciated and might result in new input to this discussion.

Rishi is actually deprived of sleep due to this bashing of his testing, as he wrote in a comment to one of my posts. He takes his job very seriously. And all of us - agreeing or disagreeing with his results - should acknowledge that he is one of the good guys. He definitely is asking himself whether anything was wrong with his review. That he was close to loosing his tempers in a few replies is without question, but so were quite a few of ourselves - and Rishi's number of replies is simply breathtaking.

That said:

Please, give us a bicycle sequence all you K-1 owners!

Rosember's gear list:Rosember's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow