Why I switched from a Sony a7RII to a Fuji X-Pro2

Started Jul 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AirJarhead
AirJarhead Regular Member • Posts: 110
Why I switched from a Sony a7RII to a Fuji X-Pro2

Hey All,

Someone posted a link to my comparison in another thread, so I thought I would share it with the rest of you.

My comparison included:

-Sony a7R II with Sony 85mm f1.4 GM, Zeiss Batis 85, and Canon 85mm f1.2 II

-Fuji X-Pro2 with 56mm f1.2

-Olympus Pen-F with Oly 45mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8, and the Panasonic Leica Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2

I originally posted this on my blog, and then It was also picked up by Fuji Rumors, and Sony Rumors.

History:

I have been quite disappointed with the skin-tones I was getting from the Sony - especially with OOC jpg. Since I have a few clients that just want the SD card with OOC jpg at the end of the day, this concerned me quite a bit.

I had been scouring the internet for any and all comparisons, but I ultimately decided to just do it myself.

Here is my blog post:

Sony, Fuji, Olympus Comparison - a7r II, X-Pro2, Pen-F, 85GM, Zeiss Batis, Canon 85L, Leica 42.5 1.2

I took over 1500 shots that day, and the results were pretty conclusive.

ALL of the Fuji Provia OOC jpgs were usable.

Most of the Olympus color profile 1 OOC jps were usable.

A few of the Sony OOC jpgs were usable.

Here is a link to my Flickr album for higher res shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/romeobravophoto/albums/72157669358647220

I realize it's not a very scientific experiment, but it served my needs perfectly. I hope some of you find this as useful as I did.

As a side note - the lighting was exactly the same, and the exposure settings were as close as I could get them (given Fuji's different ISO numbers), but the Sony just gave me odd exposures at times (which actually happens quite a bit with that camera).

OOC Fuji Provia

OOC Olympus Color Profile 1

OOC Sony Standard Color Profile

Thanks

-- hide signature --

AirJarhead
www.romeobravophoto.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/romeobravophoto/

AirJarhead's gear list:AirJarhead's gear list
Hasselblad X1D Sony a9 Hasselblad XCD 45mm F3.5 Hasselblad XCD 90mm F3.2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow