nx500 repair

Started Jul 4, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vasile Contributing Member • Posts: 575
nx500 repair

Thought I'd share: I just received my own NX500 that went out for repairs (as I mentioned previously I could not wait for the return of the burner so I started to play on my own cam) and guess what: it now has the same MAC address as the burner.

So it looks like:

1. I sent in the burner and they replaced the mainboard (according to their report). For this one they set the MAC address on the new mainboard to the original one.
  2. [hypothesis: they then sent the original mainboard to some Samsung 2nd level centre where they probably saw it was soft bricked so they recovered it]
  3. I sent my own cam to Samsung and they replaced the mainboard (according to their report) - and they did not bother to re-set the MAC so it was left with the original one.
  4. So I end up with two cameras that share the same MAC address.

Awkward - they won't be able to simultaneously connect to WiFi

But this shows that Samsung probably operates a two-level service centre to ensure fast turnaround: first they simply replace the component that does not work and then (probably some more advanced) engineers test and recover the replaced components.

vasile's gear list:vasile's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +1 more
Samsung NX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow