Upgrading my D5100

Started Jul 3, 2016 | Discussions thread
DENRAM Regular Member • Posts: 147
Re: Upgrading my D5100

Steve Martin

Many thanks for directing me to your portfolio.

Am VERY impressed. Excellent work and now I want to spend my retirement trying to reach your high standard.

Now this changes the sub-plot underlining your question as you can clearly achieve sales and further opportunities from your photography. With this in mind you may have to spend big by investing in Fuji to gain some ( or more ) back from sales. From what I read ( based on being a retired accountant / maths teacher and photo enthusiast ) the Fuji system would be considered more "Professional" than your current set-up.  BUT if you can produce quality work such as this then the D5500 will only enhance that, at a lower cost and at less risk to yourself if any unfortunate situation should ( Heaven forbid ) occur.

Also you clearly know Nikon and how to get the best from it so could you start again with a new / different system ? Have you enough time to do so...

Personal opinion, stick with what you know, enhance with a new / later lens and see what develops over the next 3 / 6 months e.g. Photokina if you are not under any immediate time pressure to upgrade. There is a possibility that the D5500 will itself be upgraded - there are rumors about a D5600 in the pipeline and that needs to be considered.

Anyway, thanks for showing me your work.

Best Regards Dennis

DENRAM's gear list:DENRAM's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Nikon Coolpix L840 Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D5100 Nikon D3300 +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow