D5 wrongly reviewed by DXOmark

Started Jul 1, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eno2 Regular Member • Posts: 223
D5 wrongly reviewed by DXOmark

Hi everyone,

I don't know what happened to DXO lately but I'm starting to see wrong evaluation of cameras. In this thread I will show the example of Nikon D5.

If you compare it on DXO to the new Canon 1Dx mk 2 (a fantastic camera nonetheless), you'll get the impression that the Canon is superior both in DR at lower ISO's (I have no doubt about that) and also regarding noise. Then, if you try comparing samples from both cameras at different ISO values(from any review sites), the truth is quite different, the Nikon is a little bit better than Canon until ISO 52.000 and a lot better beyond (probably with one ISO stop). The funny thing is DXO states that at ISO 200K, the D5 is one full stop worst than 1Dxmk2 and the reality shows exact the opposite.

2 ISO stops deviation from their measurement is quite severe I'd say and their reputation must answer to those false value.

Below I attached two examples taken from Dpreview and compared them with DXO measurements.

What are your thoughts about this?

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow