X100T for trip to Colorado? Looking for general advice before leaving...

Started Jun 26, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dick Whitman Junior Member • Posts: 38
X100T for trip to Colorado? Looking for general advice before leaving...

Hi everyone, so I'm planning on visiting Colorado Springs and the surrounding area in a few weeks. The only camera I own at the moment is a Fujifilm X100T. The majority of my trip will consist of hiking and doing things outdoors. I really want to see, for instance, the Garden of the Gods and Grand Sand Dunes National Park. What I'm wondering though is whether my X100T will be sufficient for this trip given its fixed focal length and similar limitations. But I guess this is also a mute point since buying another camera before my trip isn't really practical. I also wouldn't have much time to become familiar with a new camera, and I still haven't learned everything about my X100T.

So I guess what I'm asking is given my current gear and limited understanding of photography, is there anything I should do, or what can I do, to maximize the likelihood of taking great photos once I'm out there? Are there any accessories I should pick up (e.g., a lens hood, lens filter, etc.)?

I waffled - painfully - between the Sony a6300 before picking up my X100T several months ago. The pictures on the a6300 look sharper and the a6300 ultimately seems like the more versatile camera but part of me also liked the film-like quality of the X100T and its ease-of-use. Now, in gearing up to head out to Colorado, I'm hoping I made the best choice.

Finally, since the X100T is pretty bad at video, would it make any sense to pick up a GoPro or a Sony RX100 M3/M4?

Dick Whitman's gear list:Dick Whitman's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Apple iPhone 7
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow